Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 26, 2016


I finally captured freedom
I held it in my hands
It crashed against each finger
escape became it's impassioned plan
now my knuckles clench tighter daily
to keep freedom secure
and all my efforts and toil in life
have gradually fallen under one rule...
I cannot set freedom free
If I release freedom and let it fly, to life, away
will I ever return to that sweetest place
where freedom feels at peace to land--
to rest upon my open hands?

Release...Let go....if you are like me that is so hard...I want certain outcomes and I think I can make them happen.  I know there are so many decisions in my life where my actions do influence my outcomes, but I have a hard time admitting when something is totally beyond me and letting go of my frustration, anxiety or my own stubbornness in trying to change these things...it's the whole "and the wisdom to know the difference" part of the serenity prayer that trips me up.  I used to think so highly of my abilities to solve problems....but I'm learning that most things (if not all things) can't be held...all things are at the liberty of GOD's omniscience to give and take away.  Open hands are the sign of a mature Christian who learns that GOD is in control...a person who is in a stance always willing to give away and to receive whatever God wills....trusting.

No comments:

Post a Comment