Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 24, 2015

The Gift Of Life

Without going into too much detail, I have had an opportunity to get to know a person recently who I just found out suffers from some mental health issues.  I had a bit of an inside look into how her loved ones support her and some of the difficulties they face in caring for her and, really, protecting her from herself due to some of her irrational thoughts.  It just SCREAMED LOVE to me!

My first job out of college was working with individuals with various levels of mental retardation....some of which also suffered mental health issues.  My job was to assess their abilities and constantly work with them to make improvements in their skill levels by implementing goals and steps to take to reach those goals.  It was fun because I could be creative with them all based on their personalities and what they really liked to do...and so rewarding when they were proud of themselves for something they had accomplished.


While I helped them accomplish new things, they showed me what shining was all about :)

Yesterday I saw this music video by Gungor and it prompted me to pray for the woman I met and her family.

Light
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_uioQqW8ac
(pssst....tissues, please.)

No comments:

Post a Comment