Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Being A Keeper

One of my favorite things about kids being kids is that they dream SO BIG....whenever there is something going on that is inspiring....suddenly, they are TOTALLY inspired....you know?!  Like....we watched the World Cup game and afterwards all the girls wanted to be soccer players.  When I got home from work yesterday they were happy to have 6 people so we could play 3 on 3 :) Kenna, Karly and I vs. Vannah, Kassi and Danielle.  It was an amazing workout!

Here they are....waiting for me to get my game on :P

It was actually a pretty good match-up...Vannah is faster and more athletic than I am, but I can steal the ball from her and (if I get control of the ball) I can usually keep it from her.  Kenna was our goalie first...then Karly took over.  Vannah was making some powerful shots on the goal when Karly was goalie and Karly was jumping right in front of them to block them all....she didn't let any by her....I was impressed.  I asked Karly a couple times if she wanted to trade places because I was at that weird place in my mind where I was considering what to do....I didn't want to tell Vannah she had to "go easy" on little sis because I knew she was having fun really playing hard....but, I also didn't want Karly to get hurt.  Every time I asked Karly to trade with me she said, "no thanks" until I finally said, "Okay, mom's goalie now"...then she got really sad and I thought it was because she didn't want to give up that position...and was being selfish or something.....BUT she said, "mom, I just don't want you to be goalie because I am afraid you will get hurt!"  That is such a melting moment when you realize your kids were trying to make a decision out of love and/or protection for you....SHE'S A KEEPER!


No comments:

Post a Comment