Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

I Shook Gifted Hands :)

Presidential Candidate Dr Ben Carson was at Spring Arbor University today.  Brad and I decided to allow the girls to come with us to hear his speech.  Brad and the girls were sitting way up high in the bleachers when I arrived to meet up with them, but I had a dress and high heels on, so I opted to stand on the main part of the floor and I was so happy I did (even though my feet were KILLING me for standing nearly 3 hours) because I was right in the middle of everything.  Brad decided to come down and stand with me too.


Kassi and Karly before the event started...they brought a kid's version of his Gifted Hands book.


We had just watched the Gifted Hands movie last week, so the girls were already a little familiar with him and they were excited that he was coming to the area.


Spring Arbor University President, Brent Ellis, addressing the crowd before the event.




Mike Shirkey and Earl Poleski...they came out and said they needed to fill some time and were going to sing for us.  We all thought they were kidding and laughed....then, they proceeded to sing....haha!


Dr Ben Carson delivered a fine speech and we became buds, I think....I was standing in the perfect place for eye contact with him...that sounds weird, right?...Anyway, he is a pacer, so I was right in front of the place he would turn and pause to look at the audience before pacing in the opposite direction.


This was my favorite.....his John Travolta pose....he wasn't really doing a disco move, but I caught him at the right moment :)



He and his wife, Candy, came through a line in front of us at the end....Brad gave Candy a high five....she seemed pleasantly surprised by that :P


Oooooo....he's getting close to me....should I A: try to get a selfie with him or B: try to have him sign our daughter's book.....man, this is a hard decision!


Okay, I will use that one moment to see if he will sign our book, but I will take this dorky "Dr Carson is almost here and I am excited" distant selfie photo too.


HE SIGNED OUR BOOK!  YAHOO!  


That was an awesome experience!  Afterward, Brad was running the signed book up to Kassi who was sitting in the bleachers and a reporter stopped him to ask him about his experience today and why he likes Ben Carson.  The reporter was also interested in the story of how we got the signed book, so he took Brad's and Kassi's names and they may be in some article tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment