Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 23, 2014

I Finally Captured Freedom

I finally captured freedom
I held it in my hands
It crashed against each finger
Escape became its impassioned plan

Now my knuckles clench tighter daily
To keep freedom secure
And all my efforts and toils in life
Have gradually fallen under one rule...
I cannot set freedom FREE

If I release freedom and let it fly, to life, away
Will I ever return to that sweetest place?
Where freedom feels at peace to land--
To rest upon my open hand?


It is for freedom that Christ has set us free!  Galatians 5:1 

Where will we choose to land?  I think that is a powerful question.  We no longer are slaves to sin because our freedom has been bought with a price...but, what will we choose to do with our freedom?  The ultimate choice, in my opinion, is to willingly land back in the hands of Christ and to allow Him to brand us as His bond servant.

No comments:

Post a Comment