Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 12, 2016

"You Had Me At Muffins" - someone from Kassi's class :P

Kassi decided last week that she wanted to run for student council, so she asked me to help her design a poster, assist with writing her speech over the weekend, and take some treats to school for her class today.


We decided to choose a really positive, yet challenging, quote and design a coloring book kind of border for her poster.


A couple sisters helped with coloring the border of her poster.... I helped her organize her thoughts for her speech and we bought muffins for her class because her speech was going to be early in the morning.


She went up against five other students in her class and she had to speak first.  All the kids were neck and neck with the votes except for Kassi and one other boy named Ian.  They had a few more votes than the other students.  So, later in Social Studies, there was a second vote between just Kassi and Ian.  Kassi won by only two or three votes.  I am so excited for her!  She has some creative thoughts for a fundraiser and how to address bullying in school.

She was telling me what two of her friends said after the voting.....one boy said, "You had me at muffins!" and then one of her best girlfriends said, "Well, you had me at Hi, my name is Kassi!"



No comments:

Post a Comment