Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Sometimes, we can learn from other's mistakes.

Brad told me a really funny story one time about a lady he observed in the parking lot of a grocery store. She was a brunette and was wearing a t-shirt that said "Silly blonde, brains are for brunettes"...and yet, she was wandering the parking lot aimlessly looking for her own car...ha!  I took note...."I will not be that brunette!", I thought. So since then, I have always parked my vehicle in section D at Meijer.  Smart right?  In my opinion, that is the way lessons like that should be learned.


Other times...
One day, not so long ago, I was at the gas station...it was a blustery day and I was in a hurry to finish my selections and hop back into my van because the sleet and snow mix was stinging my face.  I think the pump screen asked me some questions and I was pushing buttons and then it was time to swipe my card.  In my haste, I shoved the card into the slot...only it wasn't the slot for my credit card...it was the slot where the receipt is distributed.  So, I tried to fish it out...but I couldn't... That thing was jammed in there real good. Then my thoughts went to..."I wonder how many other people have ever done this?" and... "Can I plead temporary insanity?" So, I had to tell the gas station attendants what I had done...hoping they would be at least slightly amused...but, due to the weather, they were not.  We stood outside for a while for them to take the top of the gas pump apart to retrieve my credit card...I had a second thought about asking them if I could just wait in my van...yikes!....So, take note of this one and pass on the wisdom you have gained from experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment