Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 8, 2014

HAWAIIAN the world is it so cold outside?!!!

I have been trying to remain very positive about the cold and snow, so the girls can stay as positive as possible...but I am beginning to lose it!  Some may argue that I have already lost it....desperate times call for desperate creative measures!  I realized on Thursday I was beginning to get annoyed, so I decided we will party this weekend in complete DENIAL of what is going on outside...

That white stuff...  It's white, sandy beaches, folks! ;-)


Savannah gets home from school earlier than the rest of the girls, so on Friday, I shared my tropical plan with her and we went to work with some decorations, Hawaiian food...and, of course, some kind of tropical beach idea for her nail salon.  She told me she thought she was, "definitely dressed for a Hawaiian Party"(dripping with sarcasm since she was wearing flannel)...but, did you know there IS such a thing as aloha flannel?...that seems like an oxymoron to me....but, I like it.  We don't have aloha flannel, but we have plenty of plaid flannel...so all the girls and Kassi's guests (it is her weekend for overnight friends) dressed in flannel with flowers in their hair and we had a fun night...food, dress-up, ocean nails, a fashion show, a few rounds of jelly bean hide and seek (which is really just sardines), a wii dance party, the limbo, brownies and ice cream and the Teen Beach movie.  What could possibly be better than that?

 Aloha Flannel

 If you need something to make you think of summer....get a personal sized watermelon.  They are really good right now and the girls devoured it.

 Jelly Bean Hide and Seek...there were 5 packed in the bathroom by the toilet, but you can only see two and the hair of a third...
 The making of Hawaiian Pizzas 
Ocean Nails with bubbles...Vanner's creation

It is Saturday morning now....I think this is our busiest "girl stuff" weekend...I keep having to rethink the schedule.  This is too much for my brain...so yesterday, Kassi's friends came over after school for that Hawaiian Party.  Today we take them home, then attend a birthday party, then take Karly for a play date with a friend, then take Danielle to a friend's house to go ice skating with her, pick Karly up, then pick Danielle up, then pick up a friend of Savannah's to go to the symphony with us, then drop Kenna off to see a play with a friend, go to the symphony with the family, then pick Kenna up...and somehow get everyone back to the right place at the end of the night.  A funny thing happened when Brad and I were trying to think about all the transportation issues for this weekend.  We had figured out that Kassi's friends could probably ride the bus home with her from school on Friday and we must have been so excited about that...that when Savannah was talking to her friend about coming over, Brad suggested she just ride the bus home too.  I was whispering to Savannah what to say on the phone...so, I whispered, "tell her to ride the bus home with you"...Savannah started to say it...then she just looked at me with disgust and said, "Mom, it's on Saturday!" LOL!  Brad is now denying that he told me to say that, but I WANT THE WORLD TO KNOW!..haha!  I hope we will survive this weekend!  Well, all the girls are definitely smiling! BLESSINGS!



No comments:

Post a Comment