Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 14, 2014

♥ Conversation Hearts ♥

"But this is the new covenant I will make with the people of Israel on that day," says the LORD. "I will put my laws deep within them, and I will write them on their hearts.  I will be their God, and they will be my people." Jeremiah 31:33

GOD IS


One thing I have been trying to do lately is save the word AWESOME for God.  I heard a preacher talk about the awesomeness of God and I realized I use the word a lot... I guess I felt like I was starting to use it to describe things that make me happy and things that excite me, but it was becoming a pretty generic word for me. So, I am going to try to set it apart from other words.  If you hear me use it for something other than God, you can feel free to say something to me about it.  

I think the more we come to understand the LOVE of GOD for us...the better we will understand the meaning of the word AWESOME. AND, when we grasp even a part of this...we will stand in awe of what He will write on our hearts...the secret things He speaks to us about His love...His conversation hearts.  They come to me with messages like, "I will never leave you", "I provided a way through this", "You are always on my mind", "I have good things in store for you", "I am going to let you experience this to make you stronger" did I mention..."I will never leave you"...the things that make Him our God and us His people. When I read that part of the verse I feel like that is the ultimate satisfaction for God and that makes me tear up a little bit that at the end of all the struggles I have to be in AWE of myself or in AWE of things that really aren't AWESOME...God just wants me to call Him GOD and to belong to HIM...how can that be His desire?


No comments:

Post a Comment