Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 17, 2016

I loved the food and ice cream at this vintage 50's Ice Cream Shop, House of Flavors...if you are ever in Ludington, my favorite Ice Cream flavor was Nana's Banana Pudding Ice Cream.  I will be attempting to replicate it at home :P  I am thinking Banana Ice Cream, Marshmallow Creme, and Nilla Wafers will come pretty close.



We were excited to have some friends come up and visit us while we were on vacation....




We spent a day at Michigan Adventure and enjoyed some rides and a whole LOT of waterpark :)



Kassi and I obtained vacation injuries....I always seem to get injured....hmmmm....I got a cut on the bottom of my foot while walking on some dunes and Kassi scraped her toe pretty good getting out of the Lazy River....(those are dangerous)....so we took a little break at the waterpark to allow her cut to scab over real good.


These girls stole Brad's phone for a selfie....they are growing up and I am so glad we were able to enjoy this family vacation with all of us together.  Time goes by so fast and all their schedules are already starting to get crazy with Cheerleading and Band....and Savannah's job.  I know life will try to sneak by us, so I don't want to let it get too far without making it pause for memories....ya know!


Waiting in line for this awesome waterslide that ends in a HUGE funnel....so fun!


Brad and Karly entering the funnel after a big drop on the waterslide....I like zooming in and looking at their faces :P



These crazy kids decided that wanted to try one of those Rip Cord thrill rides things....it pulls them up about 180 feet in the air and drops them into a free fall to completely fly over us.  The stuff of my nightmares :P  God made me close to the ground for a really good reason...ha!


No real reason for this pic....I just think Ferris Wheel pics are pretty and the sky was SO blue.


Brad's three point attempts.....nothing but air, baby! :P


The next morning we tried to fish on Hamlin Lake near the dam, but no fish were biting....I love this pic of Brad and the girls :)


And, we made a second stop at House Of Flavors because it was SOOO GOOOD!


Danielle thinks we should buy a cottage near there just so we can eat at this place....she said nothing about the beach or boating or being close to Michigan Adventure.....just really likes their ice cream...ha!


I smiled when my Nana's Banana Pudding Ice Cream was delivered and it smiled back at me!

Our last day, we enjoyed spending time in a canoe and kayak with everyone and the girls enjoyed a little more time in the lake and in the sand.



No comments:

Post a Comment