Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 7, 2016



I am thinking of my parents today on their anniversary :)

Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their labor;
If either of them falls down,
one can help the other up.
But pity anyone who falls 
and has no one to help them up.
Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
But how can one keep warm alone"
Though one may be overpowered,
two can defend themselves.

A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.
~Ecclesiastes 4:9-12~


Last weekend we celebrated my aunt and uncle's 50th wedding anniversary.  My parents still have a few years to go to be at that point.  Anyway, another aunt had written a sweet poem as a tribute to my aunt and uncle, but when she stood up to read it to them she became overcome with emotion and couldn't finish reading it.  My youngest cousin, who just completed graduate school and is not married yet, jumped up beside my aunt and said, "maybe I can help you out" and she started reading the poem where my aunt had left off....the whole poem was recited....and it was pretty special to see my "little" cousin jump right in there where there was a need and meet it.....cheerfully.

When I think of my parents, I am often amazed at the things they have helped each other accomplish over the years.  With my mom's creativity and sewing skills and my dad's engineering mind and carpentry skills, they've made a pretty incredible team as they have labored together.  Most of their DIY projects ROCK.....but, marriage is not a DIY(yourselves) project.  I am most grateful that they have taught me about the cord of three strands.

No comments:

Post a Comment