Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Gone Bananas...And I'll Share :)

I figured out a makeshift recipe for the "Nana's Banana Pudding" Ice Cream yesterday....not perfectly the House of Flavors variety, but scrumptiously close.  Use a Vanilla Bean ice cream....or just Vanilla (whatever you prefer)...then, in a different bowl mix up some instant banana cream pudding with somewhere between 1/2 cup and 1 cup milk...it will be thick.  Blend that into your vanilla ice cream.  If you like the swirl look of ice cream, leave some pudding aside to add later.  Next, throw in some crumbled Nilla wafers, spoon in some marshmallow fluff and add the extra pudding (if you left some out)...fold through the ice cream mixture...then refreeze.  Most of my family raved about it and want me to make more, but Savannah is not a fan of banana pudding because she thinks it tastes too artificial, so if you are like that.....have some real bananas on hand to slice up and add to your ice cream.  She said when she added the real bananas, it was perfect.


Interesting story....today I met with a family at work to talk with them about Spring Arbor University.  As those conversations go, I asked them where they were visiting from and they said, "Ludington, MI"....I then proceeded to tell them I had just been on vacation there and one of my daughters is adamant that we need to buy a cabin there so we can hang out at House of Flavors often.  So then the visiting student proceeded to tell me she WORKS at House of Flavors :P....not the Ludington location, the Pentwater location...coinkydink?  I think not!  I was really close to asking her to give me Nana's secret recipe :)


No comments:

Post a Comment