Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 10, 2014

With All The Trimmings

Trim is on my mind....Brad and I have been painting it and Brad has been putting it up in the basement this week.  I had this idea (since we are kind-of trying for a vintage and sports combo theme) that we would paint the trim black and Brad would just roll it once and I would go over it once with a dry paint brush to give it almost like brushed scratch marks...I love it and it is so fast!  I know I am risking getting called "Faux-faux" again....that was my nickname for a while when I tried to do some creative painting on some pillars at our church to make them look marbled.  OH WELL...I guess that is a risk I am willing to take!  I love watching an area transform into something amazing...well, amazing to me because I get to choose just what it is like....I love decorating!  I think in a different post I mentioned how much I love the smell of Lowe's....it is now becoming the smell of creating something....the smell of a blank canvas...smells are powerful.  I think I heard one time that smell is the most powerful of the five senses...maybe that was just someone's opinion.  I haven't researched that statement for its validity. :)  I thought I would give you a few pictures to show you the basement transformation.

The t-shirt pics are up....YAY!...and table tennis (or ping-pong table...depending on how serious you are about your leisure sports :) has entered the building.


We still have to install a counter-top behind the couch and Brad is planning to build cabinets and shelves.

This is his face the night the TV arrived...I think he was floating a couple inches off the floor...haha!

I am kind-of hoping my mansion in Heaven is not all the way finished when I get there....not that I want to go right now (nor am I totally against that...all in God's time)....I would just like to add some creative touches to it...I wonder if we will be able to do that :)

What if that verse also said "no nose has smelled" ?....too funny...I should go to bed now...it's late and tomorrow that probably won't be as funny to me.




No comments:

Post a Comment