Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 13, 2014

So Be It

Oswald Chambers wrote, "Never make the blunder of trying to forecast the way God is going to answer your prayer."

I think this is very difficult...at least for me.  When I go to God with very specific requests, my mind usually has a nice little answer scenario also sequenced out.  God just answered a big prayer request for me...but, not in the way I had thought He would or wished He would...so it was weird because I wanted to be thankful that my specific requests are being taken care of...but, I felt extremely distraught that it was not the way I wanted it to happen...has that ever happened to you?  I have been struggling with my attitude about it...and asking God to help me process it, put my personal feelings aside, and just be thankful that He has heard this prayer and is answering it.  I acknowledge that my own agenda can often interfere with my praise.  If I am not living in complete surrender to the Will of God, I struggle with trusting Him.


God loves answering our prayers.  He loves His children so much and HE IS GOOD!  Look at Isaiah  65:24...this has been comforting to me over the last couple days....and just made me smile to know how much God loves us....it says," I will answer them before they even call out to me.  While they are still talking about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers."  This is certainly evidence of a loving father!

These times for me remind me of a part I love in the Narnia books....the quote is "Aslan is a lion- The Lion, the great Lion."  "Oooh" said Susan. "I'd thought he was a man.  Is he quite safe? I shall feel rather nervous about meeting a lion"..."Safe?" said Mr Beaver...."Who said anything about safe?" "Course he isn't safe.  But he's good.  He's the King, I tell you."

God's answers may not be safe....or free from pain...or always full of "warm fuzzies"....or in any way we had envisioned them....BUT, they are always GOOD and we have to learn to trust that to be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment