Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 25, 2016

From The Rooftops

My devotional a couple days ago reminded me to be thankful for where God has placed me right now.  We can become bored and then pretty cynical of where we live......like college students critiquing the food in the cafeteria...I hear about that a lot where I work......Or, we can become frustrated with the state of our world and feel useless to impact it for good.....I find myself in this boat sometimes instead of really embracing my place and loving that God has given me wonderful work to do right where I am.


When I really think about that it makes me excited to know that I could see a revival in the place where I am living.....that I should be faithful, prayerful, and available for God to use for His purpose here. 

This says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, to all the exiles whom I have sent into exile from Jerusalem to Babylon, "Build houses and live in them; and plant gardens, and eat their produce....But seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the Lord on its behalf, for in its welfare you will find your welfare. ~Jeremiah 29:4-7~

It is good to remember we are exiles.....that we are foreigners here....that we are not to "live as the world lives"....However, the solution to this is not to avoid the world around us or condemn it, but to live in it, pray for it, want the best for it....to truly love it!

God Of This City
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEFGr1S8SkA


No comments:

Post a Comment